i started my art journal last year with milliande and thought it was about time i decorated the cover!!
i had intended to use some decopatch papers that were left over from doing letter's with leigh at last years retreat-i tried it but the papers and glue just peeled of,so then i turned to acrylic paints because in my experience they stick to anything!!
i started with a gesso base.....
then i used eco-friendly paints in tomato red,pomegranate and ocean. then dry brush some white gesso over them. i used a foam swirly stamp in the corner and white rub on letters,which i then drew round in black and put some dots on the letters. as you can see i've got 2 front covers-this is because i don't work in order in my book-i just pick it up and open it which ever way it is:)
for the edges i got some cream broderie anglaise and sprayed it with adirondack color wash spray in cranberry and then stamped with a script stamp and black memento ink,then used some fancy yarn to stitch it onto the cover (i'd made the hole for stitching with an awl before i started painting it!)
Hello Spring Paper Rose
14 hours ago